Speaking of Saturday, aside from my tooth beginning to hurt, I had a good day/evening. I spent the day making snacks for the Hog game @ Heather & Zach's home. All Bittman recipes, I made a veggie tray with homemade dip, a cheeseball & a key lime pie. They were 1) experiments 2) delicious!








I've spent some time researching Friso, TX. Sounds like a place I'd never go on purpose. I'm trying to figure out where we're going to eat and maybe be entertained -- bust. I wish I had insider information.
Ugh, I feel so miserable right now. Pardon.
9 comments:
Frisco, ahh the SoCal of North Texas. At least to me, there are some nice places to eat and shop but to me the only thing worthwhil is taking in an FC Dallas game at Pizza Hut Park. Seeing the fans chant and drum like a stadium overseas. Otherwise, Ft Worth is farrr more friendly. just my two cents
We have an Ikea in Brooklyn now. You should just come here. I went there yesterday on my bike and got a bunch of crap and figured out which of the chests of drawers I was looking at are crap and which ones are worthwhile. There is a grocery store down the street with a cafe that sells lobster rolls for $9.99.
Let me know which couch you are looking at and I will stop by the couch section when I go back to get the drawers and I'll sit on it and let you know if the couch is worth the journey to north texas or not.
That pie looks so good. You should make me one for my birthday, too. It can be a throw down without Bobby Flay.
Mmm, yummy photographs. A few weeks back, I had two fillings done. My mouth was so sore, afterwards, from the shots and drilling, so, that night, which happened to be New Year's Eve (lame!), I made cheese grits and black-eyed peas (also known as: "old people food") for dinner. Cheese grits are delicious and easy to eat when your mouth is hurting... I used the recipe on the back of the Quaker grits box. You could probably use any cheese you like. I added garlic powder, black pepper and Tabasco, too. Good luck at the dentist! xo.
Thx, IKR?, for your input. In a perverse kind of way, I'm excited about this trip to TX. I've spent so many years hatin' and avoidin' -- maybe it'll be interesting? At least we'll have REAL Tex-Mex! Har har.
Jhnmrk, we would like to go to NYC sometime soonish. I would like to visit my cousin in Queens, too. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could take in another game at Madison Square Garden? I'll link you to the couch soon.
KMHD, I don't know if I could throw down v. Jonathan. I'll give it a shot. Are you sure that you don't want a pan full of dressing again?
Nicole, thx! Not being able to eat normally is so awful. I lay here daydreaming of what I will eat as soon as I am able. Haven't thought of cheese grits, good idea. I'm on a diet of smoothies, scrambled eggs & oatmeal.
I went to the dentist and apparently my teeth grinding is wreaking all kinds of havoc. He made some adjustments and sent me on my way. The pain will subside, apparently, in a couple of days. It's awful! There's no pain like toothache pain.
KEY LIME PIE! My fave!
Totally sucks about your tooth. Mouth pain is the worst in the whole wide world. Beg for meds.
xoxo
A pan of dressing will work, too. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I keep coming back here just to look at that key lime pie.
Post a Comment